Friday, April 3, 2009

A Letter from 1987

If you visit this blog regularly, you might know that I have written about my expirience with England rugby. This is a part of the story.

In 2003 after the World Cup final, I went to the Twikenham Stadium, and I accidentally found the emblem of KRU which was given to RFU when the Korea National team visited England in 1987 after the Cambridge tour in 1986.

I didn't realize that it could be an important clue for my research on the history of Korean rugby.
While preparing a presentaton on the Korean rugby history and relationship with England for the England Counties tour to Korea, I found some pictures of the Cambridge tour in 1986 and contacted the university's archivist to get more information.


Interestingly, the archivist recognised the Cambridge team manager for the tour who is still involved with the team in the picture and sent me some valuble records of the Korean team's tour in 1987.
I do not think this is the end of the story and finding the emblem of the tour at Twikenham was just a coincidence...

No comments: